Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Post

Hi Everyone!

I decided to start a blog for the baby with the general details everyone wants to know...

We don't have a lot of info for you yet, but I'm happy to share what we've got!

Due Date: March 20, 2008.

We had our first sonogram last Tuesday and we were able to see the baby pretty clearly. One baby. One strong heartbeat. It was amazing to actually see the heart beating and to hear the heartbeat and to realize that it really is happening!

We have another sonogram next Tuesday to do a screening test we weren't able to do the last time around. The good news is that we are having another sonogram. The bad news is that I will be over 12 weeks pregnant so that means that one hour before our appointment I have to drink 32 ounces of water and then hold it until after the sonogram is over. And it may take as long as 2 hours to complete the test. The baby has to be in a neutral position instead of curled into the fetal position and some babies do not cooperate and relax into the neutral position. But then again, some babies complete the test in 1o minutes or less. We scheduled it for 2.30 to give plenty of time to do the test and still get the kids from daycare on time.

I'm also really lucky to have a flexible boss and flexible work hours with telework. I'm going to be able to go to the sonogram and then come home and finish up my work day. At this point I have just 4 weeks of leave possible when the baby is due. Every hour I spend on sick leave or vacation now is an hour of leave I wont' have after the baby is born. Being able to move my hours around to avoid taking leave during doctor appointments is a great help.

As of today I am still 1.5 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. I am almost out of the first trimester (8 days to go) and I am hoping that the start of the second trimester brings with it the end of the extreme fatigue and morning sickness. I've been pretty lucky with the morning sickness. I've had several bouts of extreme sickness and quite a lot of general queasy feelings. But I hear stories of other women who are very sick every day and can't keep anything down. I have a bigger problem with food aversion than with anything else, leading to me not eating. I've been taking my vitamins almost every day and trying to eat wisely when I can. But I'll admit that there are some days when the only thing I can eat are Little Debbies. But at least I'm eating something. Breakfast tends to be my best meal of the day so I try to have eggs or something else with positive nutritional value to start the day.

We have started working on the baby registry stuff. I know that I want the Graco "Disney Days of Hunny" stroller, high chair, and pack and play. The only place so far that has that is Walmart. I'm going to keep looking to see if we can register for that somewhere else. We don't need a swing because we are going to be able to borrow a swing that has seen many Delt through their early months. And we will register more fully at babysrus for things we think we need. Eeyore is always a good thing tho. :) I'll post details of the registries once they are really up to date and ready to go.

No comments: