Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Active Kicker!

So last night I went to bed with a book, like I always do. I have learned that I cannot rest the book on my tummy because Max doesn't like it. So I was sitting, somewhat upright to avoid heartburn, but somewhat slouched down to aid falling asleep. I had the book in my hands around the middle of my belly. And Max kicked so hard I was actually able to see it from the outside instead of just feeling it. A first! I went downstairs to tell Mark that I thought Max was trying to wish him a happy birthday, but apparently Max wore himself out with the strength of that kick...

Thanks to everyone who provided some heartburn tips. Tums and chewing gum are seeming to help a lot. I have also eliminated seltzer water since that seemed to be triggering heartburn regularly. Mark rejected my heartburn elimination strategy of eating a dozen holiday cookies, so luckily the tums and chewing gum options are doing the trick.

No comments: