Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fourth Pre-Natal Class

I have a little bit of a cold so I am a little slow to update on this week's class.

Turns out there is really no good way to get the baby out. The video on c-sections freaked me out a little bit. They showed the curtain between the mom's head and body as being really close to her face and it made me feel claustrophobic.

The stupid chick was still there. The worst of her many questions this week was "What is pre-term labor?" even tho she missed a class because she had pre-term labor. The good news is that they are supposed to induce her on Friday so she should not be in class any more.

We also did more complicated breathing patterns. I was surprized at how hard it was to focus on an ad hoc breathing pattern and that was without any contractions or anything. We also learned a lot about the various medications available and the best time to get each one.

Last night Max was SUPER active. Mark and I had settled in for our normal routine of watching A Daily Show and The Colbert Report (through the power of tivo we watch the previous night's show around 8.30pm). Max was all kinds of fired up. He was probably active without a break for about 30 minutes. And at one point he had the hiccoughs too. Not that it slowed him down from his dance routine. At the end he stopped kicking but tried to just expand his space by pushing against me. On the plus side he isn't kicking me in the ribs or causing me any pain or anything. So that's all good.

I also have finished the first baby sock for him. I had the second sock class last night and I learned how to finish the sock. I started the second sock but it is going to need a bit more work before I can declare it done and have a matched pair. I generally enjoyed the process and I am excited to start making another sock.

I should also add that I had the most fantastic of baby showers courtesy of Wendy. Thank you to Wendy and her family for organizing it and to everyone who attended. I had a fantastic time. And Max will certainly not need to be naked!

And Mark found the Ivory Snow so we are now ready to start washing his clothes ready for him to wear them. :)

No comments: