Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pre-Natal Class #2

Last night was our second class. It was focused on labor, although we did a little of the relaxation breathing at the end. Mark was happy that we were able to both breathe this time at class. :)

The class is good and it slowly showing me that denial is not going to be a good coping mechanism for dealing with labor. I told Mark that I had changed my mind about having a baby but he seemed to think it was a little late to be thinking like that. I will admit that hearing what will happen and what to expect is really helping. And hearing that the longest part of the labor is typically the part that is not totally painful beyond belief. That's helpful information.

Next week we learn about delivery.

I was also able to ask the midwife teacher about my heartburn which had been 28 hours of unrelenting pain at that point. She asked about headaches, and I said I had a headache but that having a headache was not unusual for me. She asked if I had any swelling but since I still have ankles, that was eliminated. She said it was possible that the spaghetti sauce we had on Sunday was the issue, even tho it wasn't spicy. Could be I am just sensitive to it now. But then Mark and I were thinking back and I had heartburn before dinner on Sunday so it wasn't necessarily the tomato sauce. At this point we don't know why I was suffering but the pain has stopped and I'll just settle for that. We also now own other meds that I can use if I have heartburn. So hopefully we will not have a repeat of yesterday's unending pain.

Meanwhile yesterday seems to have worn me out completely. I have no energy. So I'm going to take a sick leave today and rest. Because I see no other choice. Getting the kids where they need to be is proving to be totally exhausting. Getting myself into work and being functional is just too much for me to handle today. So hopefully a day of rest today will solve the problem and tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: