Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Questions from Nik and Julian

Nik has now moved beyond asking me "Are you going to pop?" and has asked a few other funny questions.

He asked if the baby is a bad baby when he kicks me (Nik often gets in trouble for kicking the back of my seat in the car or for kicking me under the table at meals).

He asked about my "tele-button" instead of my belly button. He seems to have a new fascination with my huge baby belly.

Last night when Max was so active, Julian came downstairs because he had dropped something on his toe. Since he quickly forgot which toe was hurt, we didn't rush to provide medical attention. He was able to feel Max moving around a whole lot. And is very curious about how big Max is. We gave him a bag of flour to feel, to get an idea for how heavy Max is, but he doesn't seem to really remember how heavy that was. He was asking if Max weighs as much as the tv remote or the computer keyboard. This morning when we were doing laundry he was comparing Max to the box of laundry detergent. He has now said he is worried that Max will be too heavy for him to hold because the laundry detergent (13 pounds) is too heavy. I let him know that we would be having him hold Max while sitting on the couch so that he doesn't have to worry about it and that Max will probably be somewhere around 7 or 8 pounds when he is born so we will have some time before we are at the box of detergent mark.

No comments: