Thursday, March 6, 2008

38 Weeks

Today not only marks 38 weeks, but is also the 2 year anniversary of our first date. :)

I gained 1 pound over last week for a total of 19 pounds. Even Fudge of the Month can't make me have a crazy weight gain at this point! :)

Max and I had a check up today. Sadly today's doctor ruptured his achilles tendon on Valentine's Day so he has to use a little cart for his leg. I was impressed at how well he was able to get around. He was able to get from the wheeled leg cart to the wheeled doctor chair without falling on the ground. I don't know that I would have ever been able to do that.

The checkup was fairly uneventful. My blood pressure was good. Max is fine. His heartbeat was nice and strong. His heartbeat is on the right side of my body, but I don't know if that means anything. I guess I should have asked the doctor if that means he is facing out or facing backwards. Either way, he has started to drop, but he hasn't dropped very much. No signs of labor. Max is still very very active much of the time. My next checkup is next Thursday.

I'm still having trouble sleeping. And then I feel exhausted during the day because of the lack of sleep at night. I go to bed but I am uncomfortable. Ah well.

We still need to put together the new dresser for Max so that we can put his clothes away. But we got the Amby sheets washed and I put the sheet on the Amby today. So that is one more thing done and ready for his arrival. I'm working on another hat for him to match one of his smaller sweaters. I can't have him without a matching hat, right? :) I have also made a list of things I need to pack for the hospital but I haven't actually put the stuff into bags yet. I guess I'll have to get cracking on that...

And here is the 38 week scoop:
http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_38.htm
How Big is the Baby at 38 Weeks Pregnant?
Your baby is rapidly approaching 7 pounds during pregnancy at 38 weeks. The length will remain about 21 inches from now until birth even though you continue to develop during your pregnancy week by week.

Your Growth and Development
Your belly size will remain pretty constant from 38 weeks pregnant and beyond, though you may notice your belly appears lower than before, particularly if the baby has dropped a bit further into your pelvis.

Changes in You
At 38 weeks pregnant you may start to worry about the labor and delivery process. If you haven't already, you should visit the birthing facility you plan to deliver your baby at so you have time to find out where everything is.

Have you packed your hospital bag by pregnancy week 38? If you haven't you better sit down and do it today. You could go into spontaneous labor at any point in time as you continue your pregnancy week by week.

1 comment:

mmmqq said...

Would you like for me to come over and assemble the dresser for you?? Poor Max is going to be living out of a suitcase until he's twelve! ;)