Monday, March 10, 2008

Dropped...

So Max has dropped. I thought it would be impossible to have to pee more than before. But I was wrong. I was up 5 times in the night. But conveniently (?) enough, I was already awake, so it was less of a struggle. I slept from 11.30 - 2am and then from 6-8am. I am not pleased. I feel like a zombie. I'm trying to eat myself awake. So far it isn't really working. Mark suggested a nap, but there is no time for a nap until about 6pm and at that point I may as well just stay up for 2 more hours and go to bed. I hope that tonight is a night when I catch up on sleep.

Tomorrow my office is doing a festive lunch for me. So that should be nice. It is hard to believe that this is my last week in the office. It is a little scary when I look at the blog count down and see 10 days. And know that today is the last double digit day...

I have been having some contractions today. Nothing regular. Just a couple here and there. But as each day goes by I feel like I need to do a better job of keeping track of when the contractions are coming. In case they start coming regularly. I'm pretty sure I'll notice when they are coming at more than one an hour. :)

We got a lot done this weekend. The to do list was very long. And still is quite long. But much was accomplished. Max has a dresser and some of his clothes are in it. The glider is upstairs with the gliding footstool and with a pillow decorating it (that will later be wedged under my arm). The van now has the bench seat in the back and the two booster seats are there. The baby car seat has been removed from the box. We have tried it out with the stroller. I know how to attach the car seat to the stroller, remove the carseat from the stroller, and how to fold up the carseat. Mark is going to install the carseat base into the van (hopefully today) and that will be one step closer to bringing Max home. I also packed 90% of the stuff for the hospital. I need a pair of slippers and a few other little things. Everything else is in either the bag that says Claire (for me during the birthing process), Max (for me and Max after I give birth), or in the diaper bag. I also received the little shirts for the kids to wear for their first photos and they have been washed in the baby detergent and are currently in the dryer. I also washed the maya wrap and set it to dry.

I am feeling better about our level of preparedness.

We even talked about the diaper service this morning. We know that we are going with Modern Diaper Service but we are going to wait a few weeks until we set up the delivery. We figure we will use up all the disposable diapers we got as gifts during the first few weeks and then switch him over to cloth after we are a little more used to the routine. And his umbilical cord should be taken care of by then too.

We continue to feel very very lucky as we look around his room and see all the many things that people have given or loaned us. I bought him some stuff and I made him some stuff, but 95% of what we have for Max was a gift or a loan. We feel overwhelmed by the generositiy of our friends and family. Thank you all.

No comments: