Monday, March 3, 2008

So soon? So long?

So on the one hand it seems like I have been pregnant forever. And on the other hand it seems like Max is going to arrive so very very soon and in an unexpected kind of way. We know in our heads that he is due in a little more than 2 weeks. And 2 weeks seems like a long time to have to wait to get to know him. And on the other hand it seems like no where near enough time for us to finish getting ready!!!!

We got a dresser for him this weekend. I assembled the Amby Baby last night (except tightening the nut on the top). We need to assemble the dresser and put his clothes into it.

I ordered shirts for the kids from etsy.com. Tattletaledesigns is a super lovely lady who is making some super cute stuff for Max's arrival. I am delighted. I have been working on gathering stuff ready for packing for the hospital. I have a list. I think we own everything on the list.

But we still have tons of stuff in the wrong places. We need to move the glider upstairs into Max's room, but first we need to assemble the dresser because the glider will take up the space we need for the assembly process! And we need to move stuff out of the front room so that our guests/helpers have somewhere to sleep. And this includes moving all the stuff that was given to us with Nik and Julian's mother decided to move to NC. We have a van load of toys and clothes that need to be put somewhere... It is nice to have so much stuff for them, but not so nice to be faced with trying to find a place to store all the stuff when we were already operating on a slightly overloaded basis... Hopefully it won't take us long to take care of moving stuff around.

I was also able to get the all important hair dye appointment over the weekend. I can't have my first photos with Max include fair roots! So now my hair is evenly reddish. Yay for that. Yay for M. David!

I also made a tiny little hat for Max to wear in his first photo. It matches the blanket I made for him. I will also pack a number of cutie onesies for him in case that seems like a better photo opportunity. :) And I have one other hat that I think I would like to try to make for him if I have enough time in between prepping for his arrival and my other knitting projects...

No comments: